Editor . • Vineri, 01.09.2023
We have the great pleasure of announcing the release of the new premium wine from the Catleya winery: "Steaua fără Nume", vintage 2019.
With this wine, we pay tribute to the writer Mihail Sebastian, the author of the play "The Nameless Star", written in Corcova when he lived for a while in the mansion of his friend Anton Bibescu.
This wine had a meticulous journey and went through controlled production stages, to present impeccable quality:
1. Fetească neagra grapes come from a vineyard planted at a high density of 10,000 vines per hectare to obtain a decrease in the quantity produced in favor of aromatic and tannic quality.
2. Picked and destemmed and selected by hand, grain by grain, the grapes fermented for 4 weeks, in 3 Romanian oak barrels of 400 liters.
3. The wine was then aged in the same barrels for 2 years.
4. We would like this wine to represent the expression of the terroir from Corcova, and for this, we used wild yeasts.
"Steaua fără Nume" is a Limited Edition, so we invite you to be one of the buyers of:
- 1200 0.75L bottles, delivered in a wooden box of 1, 3, or 6 bottles, at your choice.
- 169 1.5L magnum bottles, delivered in a wooden box of 1 bottle.
What Julia Scavo, DipWSET says about Steaua fără Nume: "Enveloped in deep purple, the wine presents a delicate nose opening to juicy black currants and cherries, with hints of licorice against a floral background of violets.
Subtle, but typical, overflowing with personality, reminiscent of some smoky notes, some shades of chocolate.
A dry wine with an ample, textured first contact, its fleshy body is counterbalanced by vibrant freshness. The texture is smooth and silky, supported by slightly firm but fine-grained tannins.
Aromas indicate licorice, spice, and lots of black fruit interspersed with violets and a dash of cocoa. The aftertaste is generous, savory, persistent, and full of character."
STAGES OF WINEMAKING
• The grapes were picked and destemmed by hand, grain by grain;
• Alcoholic fermentation carried out with native yeasts in 400 l Romanian oak barrels;
• Post-fermentative maceration for 8 days to extract tannins;
• Malolactic fermentation made with autochthonous bacteria;
• Aging in 3 Romanian oak barrels of 400 L, for 24 months.
press release: Catleya Wines.
Ioana Bidian • Luni, 27.11.2023
Ioana Bidian • Joi, 16.11.2023
Editor . • Duminica, 15.10.2023
Ioana Bidian • Luni, 18.09.2023
Ioana Bidian • Marti, 12.09.2023